Fall Harvest Festival Tour in Tuscany
October 18 – 28, 2022
Throughout the countryside, the colors are brilliant, the air is cooler and there are less crowds.
But also, most importantly, fall means harvest time and Tuscany is no exception.
Tuscany’s autumn harvest includes truffles, porcini mushrooms, chestnuts, olives and grapes.
This season is also about celebration, marking the end of the agricultural season.
These food festivals are a wonderful chance to experience and to try the local culture, traditions and foods.
Indulge in the ultimate Tuscan gastronomic experience! Discover the hilltop towns, the regional cuisine, and boutique wineries, take cooking classes, get to know local artisans, and experience the Tuscany region.
Join us this October as we make our way through the Tuscan countryside and sample and savor the flavors of fall.
Trip was well organized. My wife and I really enjoyed all of our daily excursions. Food and wine were incredible. Our hotel villa was topnotch with a great view. Catherine thought of everything and even had activities planned for our boys (ages 6 & 8).
My husband and I just returned from the Chianti Tour, our third trip with Vitalia! Needless to say, we are more than pleased. We have so many new memories, from the lovely towns we visited, the places we stayed, the food, wine, cheese tastings, olive oil tastings, winery tour, cooking classes and our accommodations. I could go on and on but you need to see for yourself. Can’t wait for next year to see what Vitalia has in store. Thank you Catherine for all you do!
Enjoyable, pre-organized trip with a pleasant, experienced, knowledgable tour guide throughout Italy. Excellent choices of hôtels, restaurants, vine yards, organic farms, and attractions. Best Birthday Ever! Highly recommended if you want a carefree vacation.
WOW – this was amazing! Thank you so much for all of the suggestions for our itinerary. Your tips on places to eat are PRICELESS…as we plan on eating our way through Italy. Thank you so much for pulling our trip together for us. Thanks again…this is all priceless!
- Relax in a countryside farmhouse overlooking the fields, rolling hills and mountains
- Attend a local sagra or festival
- Spend a morning with a truffle hunter and his dogs
- Tour an ancient working olive oil mill with olive oil tasting and lunch
- Visit a farm that makes fragrant pecorino cheese for a tour and tasting
- Meet & observe local artisans as they craft
- Discover the hidden gems of Florence
- Experience the vibrancy of local market days
- Enjoy a hands-on cooking class learning to create authentic Tuscan specialties
- Indulge in several winery tours and tastings
- Explore the small hilltop Tuscan villages and intimate locations not often visited
- Learn about the regional Tuscan cuisine and local specialty dishes
Day 1 - Arrival Day/ Benvenuto!
Our accommodations for the next 10 nights is in an agriturismo villa (authentic Tuscan farmhouse) situated in the center of Tuscany, very near the town of Cortona, made famous by Frances Mayes in her book, “Under the Tuscan Sun” and movie by the same name.
Settle in to unpack, relax or stroll around the property. The rest of the afternoon/evening is yours to explore or relax.
We'll conclude the day with a group welcome dinner including local wines, served in the comfort of our villa. (D)
Day 2 - Cortona: ‘Under the Tuscan Sun’ with a wine-pairing lunch
It was made famous by Frances Mayes’ book & movie “Under the Tuscan Sun”. Later, we'll visit a beautiful and completely organic winery for a guided tour of their vineyards and cellar.
Our tour will be followed by a fabulous lunch situated in beautiful surroundings with views of the vineyards, valley and hills.
Dinner tonight at our villa. (B, L, D)
Day 3 - Val d'Orcia & Pecorino Cheese
Along the way, you will breathtaking scenery: Rolling hills dotted with cyprus, miles of vineyards, and olive groves. Our first stop is Pienza, famous for its Pecorino cheese, where we will have a tasting.
After lunch, it's off to the steeply sloped town of Montepulciano where you can wander the streets, stop at shops, churches and town squares.
You can also visit an enoteca and have a wine tasting.
Head back to the villa and relax before dinner. (B, L, D)
Day 4 - Florence: Markets & Mysteries of the Medici
Our first stop will be the colorful markets where you can find anything: from a tripe sandwich to a silk scarf! We will then meet up with our English speaking local guide and enjoy a walking tour of Florence.
During the tour our guide will point out famous sites such as the Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, the Uffizi Gallery, Piazza della Signori, Piazza della Repubblica, and more.
We'll learn all about the dark secrets of Florence's famous noble families and artists with this behind the scenes & highlights tour.
Enjoy time on your own for lunch. The afternoon is free for you to shop, explore art galleries or museums, or just soak in the vibrant life of one of the many piazze while having a caffè or spritz.
Dinner at our Villa. (B, D)
Day 5 - Chianti: Farm Lunch & Wine
This is a beautiful region of terra-cotta-roofed towns and winding roads, leading through groves of olive trees, with cypress and endless vineyards stitching sun-dappled rolling hillsides – this is wine country.
We'll visit some quaint villages, have lunch on a local farm and experience some wine tastings. What else would you do in Chianti?
Dinner at our villa with local wines. (B, L, D)
Day 6 - Arezzo: Where Life is Beautiful
We'll then enjoy a guided tour of Arezzo (made famous by the movie "Life is Beautiful" by Roberto Benigni). Even though the medieval center was destroyed during World War II, Arezzo still has a beautiful piazza and many historical buildings and churches as well as a Roman Amphitheater and the remains of a fortress.
After you will be able to grab lunch on your own at one of the many restaurants or cafes and enjoy some free time.
We'll conclude the day with dinner including local wines, served in the comfort of our villa. (B, D)
Day 7 - Olive Oil & Lunch with the Locals
We’ll head to an ancient olive oil mill and enjoy a tour, tasting & lunch.
After our visit, we will stop at a nearby small medieval village where time seems to have stood still. Enjoy some time to shop, visit local artisans, take advantage of the many photo-ops, or take an aperitivo in the local piazze and enjoy the local life.
Dinner tonight at our villa. (B, L, D)
Day 8 - Truffle Hunting & Cooking Lesson
Next we will have a cooking demonstration & lesson followed by a delicious lunch with all the dishes we have prepared.
After, we will visit one of the many small medieval villages in the area and learn of its interesting history. (B, L, D)
Day 9 - Market Day in a Local Village
You'll enjoy some free time to explore the market and town.
Then we're off to a local villa to learn all about its history and wine-making. A tasting will follow, along with their olive oil and other products.
Return to our agriturismo for dinner. (B, L, D)
Day 10 - Chestnuts, BBQ, and a Feste
Today we will visit a local ‘Sagra’ or feste that celebrates a specialty food of the area - chestnuts!
We'll enjoy a hearty typical Tuscan BBQ for lunch and soak up the festive fall atmosphere.
Diner at our agriturismo villa with local wine. (B, L, D)
Day 11 - Departure Day
We'll board our vans and depart for the Rome Airport (FCO).
Bid Arrivederci to Italy! (B)
This Tour Includes:
- Small group size: Maximum of only 8-12 travelers
- 10 nights lodgings in an agriturismo in the countryside of Tuscany
- Transfer to and from Rome airport (FCO)
- All breakfasts, buffet style
- 7 lunches and All dinners
- Regional wines with most meals
- Land transportation for the duration of the tour
- Private full-time escort, interpreter and driver
- Private bus/van for our daily excursions
- All excursions and entrance fees
- Winery tours and tastings
- Trips to local markets
- Private truffle hunt excursion
- Private cooking lesson
- Private tour in Florence
- Cheese & olive oil tasting events
- Pre-trip information packet
- Local VAT taxes and government fees, gas, highway tolls, city access licenses and permits, and parking fees
- Travel insurance*
- Travel documents & fees: i.e. passport and visas (if required)
- Lunch on arrival day, and 2 other days
- Any telephone, cell, data & internet usage**
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel-related expenses outside of the tour itinerary
- Any food or beverage ordered by traveler that is not included or presented during meals including: wine and other alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks & gelato
- Any taxes on personal items purchased
- Optional tips to guides, staff or drivers. These are not required and are given at your discretion.
* We highly recommend purchasing trip insurance to protect your investment. This is to ensure that you are covered in the event of loss of deposit and cancellation fees, medical emergency or health expenses, personal accident, flight cancellation or delays and to protect your luggage against any loss or damage.
** There is free wifi at our accommodations
Dates: October 18 - 28, 2022
11 Days/10 Nights
Group size: 8-12 Guests Maximum
Tour Cost: $3,995 USD per person/double occupancy
$445 USD single supplement
Balance due: 60 Days prior to tour start
Subscribe for Early-Bird and Last-Minute Deals
Join our exclusive newsletter and be the first to know about upcoming tours, early-bird discounts and last-minute promotions by Vitalia Tours
Popular Small Group Tours
Unique Small Group Tours
Custom Italy Tours
Custom Italy Tours | Custom Italy Itineraries | Small-Group Italy Tours | Private Italy Tours | Escorted Tours of Italy |Watercolor Workshops in Italy | Celebrations in Italy | Special Events in Italy | Weddings in Italy |Day Tours in Italy |Excursions in Italy
© 2010 - 2022 Vitalia Tours & Celebrations, LLC, All Rights Reserved | Site by WKD1