Taste of Rome & Amalfi Coast Tour
Choose your dates
Taste of the Mediterranean
While in Sorrento we’ll have a private-guided tour of ancient Pompeii, lunch in a vineyard, have a cooking lesson on a farm, make pizza and learn how limoncello and mozzarella are made.
Next, we’ll make our way down the alluring Amalfi Coast and visit some picture-postcard perfect coastal villages along the way, including Amalfi and Ravello.
Spend your final two nights in a boutique hotel set in the heart of Positano.
You’ll step back in time as you explore ancient Rome. Soak in the startling beauty of the province of Naples – a magical place where colors, flavors, culture and history are intertwined.
Join us as we taste our way through Rome and the Amalfi Coast!
- Step back in time as you explore Ancient Rome on our private tour
- Taste your way through Rome with a delicious food tour
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii
- Make authentic pizza with a real “pizzaiolo”
- Learn to cook some of the most popular and classic Mediterranean dishes of the region with a hands-on lesson
- Enjoy a wine-pairing dinner in the heart of Rome
- Watch a mozzarella cheese making demonstration
- Sample the famous local liqueur “Limoncello” & learn how it is made
- Experience a wine-tasting luncheon amongst the vines
- Optional: Experience an insider’s view of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Optional: Visit to Capri
- Optional: Half-day boat excursion along the Amalfi Coast (Weather permitting)
Enjoyable, pre-organized trip with a pleasant, experienced, knowledgable tour guide throughout Italy. Excellent choices of hôtels, restaurants, vine yards, organic farms, and attractions. Best Birthday Ever! Highly recommended if you want a carefree vacation.
Trip was well organized. My wife and I really enjoyed all of our daily excursions. Food and wine were incredible. Our hotel villa was topnotch with a great view. Catherine thought of everything and even had activities planned for our boys (ages 6 & 8).
My husband and I just returned from the Chianti Tour, our third trip with Vitalia! Needless to say, we are more than pleased. We have so many new memories, from the lovely towns we visited, the places we stayed, the food, wine, cheese tastings, olive oil tastings, winery tour, cooking classes and our accommodations. I could go on and on but you need to see for yourself. Can’t wait for next year to see what Vitalia has in store. Thank you Catherine for all you do!
WOW – this was amazing! Thank you so much for all of the suggestions for our itinerary. Your tips on places to eat are PRICELESS…as we plan on eating our way through Italy. Thank you so much for pulling our trip together for us. Thanks again…this is all priceless!
This Tour Includes:
- 11 Days/10 Nights
- Small group size:
- 3 nights in a boutique hotel set in the heart of Rome
- 5 nights in a beautiful seaside hotel in Sorrento
- 2 nights in a boutique hotel in Positano
- All Breakfasts, buffet style
- 5 Lunches & 3 dinners
- Regional wines with most meals
- Private Ancient Rome tour
- Private guided tour of Pompeii
- Wine-pairing dinner
- Cooking lesson on a farm
- Winery tour and tastings
- Cheese & olive oil tasting events
- All Land transportation as outlined on the itinerary
- Private full-time escort and interpreter
- Private bus/van with driver for our daily excursions
- All excursion & entrance fees as outlined on the itinerary
- Pre-trip information packet
- Private transfer from Rome (FCO)* airport
- Private transfer to Naples airport (NAP)*
- Local VAT taxes and government fees, gas, highway tolls, city access licenses and permits, and parking fees
*Arrangements can be made for transfers to/from alternate locations for an additional fee.
- Travel insurance*
- Travel documents & fees: i.e. passport and visas (if required)
- Any telephone, cell, data & internet usage**
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel-related expenses outside of the tour itinerary
- Any food or beverage ordered by traveler that is not included or presented during meals including: wine and other alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks & gelato
- Any taxes on personal items purchased
- Optional tips to guides, staff or drivers. These are not required and are given at your discretion.
* We highly recommend purchasing trip insurance to protect your investment. This is to ensure that you are covered in the event of loss of deposit and cancellation fees, medical emergency or health expenses, personal accident, flight cancellation or delays and to protect your luggage against any loss or damage.
** There is free wifi at our accommodations
Dates: Choose your dates
11 Days/10 Nights
Where: Rome - Sorrento - Positano
Tour Cost: Prices starting at $4,950USD pp/double occupancy
Single Supplement: $895USD
Deposit: $1000.00 at time of booking to reserve your spot
Balance due: 60 days prior to tour start date
*All tours are quoted in U.S. Dollars
Ask us about a payment plan
Subscribe for Early-Bird and Last-Minute Deals
Join our exclusive newsletter and be the first to know about upcoming tours, early-bird discounts and last-minute promotions by Vitalia Tours
Popular Small Group Tours
Unique Small Group Tours
Custom Italy Tours
Custom Italy Tours | Custom Italy Itineraries | Small-Group Italy Tours | Private Italy Tours | Escorted Tours of Italy |Watercolor Workshops in Italy | Celebrations in Italy | Special Events in Italy | Weddings in Italy |Day Tours in Italy |Excursions in Italy
© 2010 - 2022 Vitalia Tours & Celebrations, LLC, All Rights Reserved | Site by WKD1